At Infinity Massage & Wellness, each massage is tailored to your specific needs with no extra charges for getting the massage you want. Our therapists are trained in variety of massage specialties such as:
- General Relaxation – Relieve stress, relax and renew.
- Deep Tissue – Focuses on deeper muscle tissue to release chronic muscle tension.
- Pregnancy – Provide body cushions for your comfort and also do side-line depending on your stage of pregnancy and individual needs.
- Injury Specific – Promotes faster healing of soft tissue injuries and can reduce pain.
- Sports – Can focus on particular muscles specific to a sport or training program, incorporate stretches or work on sports specific injuries.
- Couples Massage – Couples can enjoy massages in the same room. We have 2 couples rooms.
Each massage may include heated table, hot towels, hot packs, aromatherapy and tea or water.
- Hot Stone Massage – Heated basalt stones are used to massage your body. The stones are then placed on key points of your body for deeper relaxation. The heat of the stones feels amazing in the muscle tissue. This session is very grounding and relaxing.
- Cupping – The practice of cupping has been around for centuries. The cups create suction on an area of the skin either by fire or a hand pump cup. The cups will then stay on for 10-15 minutes or they may be slid across the skin to break up deep scar tissue or knots. Cupping brings blood to the surface to promote healing, or dispel the stagnation in that area. Just a note that this may cause circles and bruising on skin. *Not be recommended while pregnant, with broken bones or while having period.
- Ear Candling– Simple and effective way to gently remove excess wax and toxins from the ears. This is a very relaxing, cleansing and non-invasive treatment. Long tapered hollow candles are lit and placed in ear canal. A therapist is with you the entire session using essential oils to work the head, face, sinus and lymph system.
- Infrared Sauna – Infinity now offers an infrared sauna as a treatment option at our Hermantown location. Infrared saunas are an effective tool for natural healing and prevention. Click to learn more about the sauna and its benefits.
- Reiki – What is Reiki? Reiki is a term that both refers to the energy itself and a system of energy healing developed in Japan by Mikao Usui in 1922. Reiki is a vibrational or spiritual healing practice that promotes balance on every level-body, mind and Spirit. It is literally expressed as “Rei” meaning Universal and “Ki” meaning Life-force energy.* Reiki is usually done with clothes on and only offered in 60 minute sessions.
- Rolfing*** – Rolfing was developed for removing restriction from the body. Its aim is to organize the connective tissue that defines our shape and structure. This fascia separates different tissues in the body, including muscle, bone and organs.The therapist employs skilled application of pressure to soften and change the length of the fascia. This results in body segments (legs, torso, arms etc.) becoming relatively more balanced with each other. A well balanced body uses remarkably less energy to move itself through gravity.This treatment is valuable for people with postural distortions, or chronic pain from injury and repetitive movement. Rolfing is also great for over trained athletes who lack flexibility and would like to improve their performance. Body awareness and freedom can be also be gained as well as a greater sense of well-being.
- Student of Canadian College of Manual Osteopathy*** –What is Manual Osteopathy?
Manual osteopathy is a drug less, patient-centered treatment that enhances the body’s ability to heal itself. Osteopathic manual practitioners go through an extensive 5 year undergraduate training plus an additional 2 years of research to develop highly refined palpation skills. This extensive training is based on knowledge and understanding of anatomy and physiology of the body. Treatment involves all aspects of the body including: structural, myofascial, visceral, cranial sacral and vascular.Those who may benefit from manual osteopathy include:
- Adolescents and children of all ages
- Pregnant women
- Accident victims
- People with chronic illnesses who have not responded to other therapies
- Adults with repetitive strain injuries
- Individuals with physical and mental challenges
The World Health Organization recognizes osteopathy as a distinct manual therapy that differs from chiropractic or physiotherapy. The Canadian College of Osteopathy suggests that treatment be used not as an alternative to conventional medicine, but complementary to it.
***Offered by independent contractor Rosslyn Kendrick. Call her directly at 218-600-0132 to make an appointment. www.rosslynkendrick.com
BIM ASSESSMENT: ** a new health technology**
The BIM (Bio Electrical Impedance Measurement) Assessment uses a state- of- the- art medical device designed to measure 58 different electrical “circuits” in your body related to specific organs and systems. BIM devices have been consistently used in medicine to non-invasively obtain important health information. Some of the more recognizable devices include the EKG and EEG used to measure heart and brain function. This Assessment determines the overall balance of the various organ systems in the body and helps correct imbalances with whole food nutrition.
The procedure is totally non-invasive (the skin is not pierced). A metal probe is touched to the skin at 58 points on your hands and feet in order to measure the electrical resistance on the skin. The assessment can be completed in 30 minutes or less. Test results are color-coded in an easy-to-understand take home report showing which systems and organs are stressed or weakened and containing the practitioner’s specific findings and recommendations. The technology’s strength lies in its ability to fast and accurately establish a protocol, as well as to monitor the progress by comparing future scans/readings during follow-up visits.
BIM-Assessment – $100.00
Quantumwave Laser Treatments**
for pain relief – healing injuries – anti-aging – weight loss – immune enhancement – organ balancing – glandular rejuvenation – lymph activation – detoxification – nerve regeneration – health restoration Cold lasers or healing lasers work the same way that sunlight on a garden works. The sunlight donates energy in the form of photons which in turn stimulates plants and vegetables to grow faster and more efficiently. Low level lasers work in the same way of donating photons or energy which in turn regenerates tissue and cells. The universe is filled with coherent neutral energy. When we become stressed and tense we hold on to cellular memory, which renders the body incoherent. When the body is incoherent it no longer taps into the vast reservoir of neutral energy. The laser is able to unwind and clear this cellular memory so that the body can relax and unwind and open back up to the abundant energy of the universe. When it does, injuries, stress and disease disappear. Lasers unwind stress and tension in much the same way that an old tape recorder is erased, by simply reversing the polarity. Lasers donate energy in order to rejuvenate the cells. Cell memory is the stress or tension pattern underneath all injury and disease. The body constantly regenerates cells. Quantum Rejuvenation and Anti-Aging As the adrenal glands are unwound the sympathetic nervous system unwinds and returns the body to a more coherent state of being. This process also activates key neurotransmitters which further helps to free the body of stress and tension. The key is to clear out the excess adrenaline from the body. Adrenaline is the biggest epidemic on the planet and is responsible for everything from chronic pain and stress, high blood pressure, diabetes, disease and most of all aging. Studies have shown that when the adrenals are constantly releasing adrenaline and cortisol this shuts down the other glands including the thymus gland responsible for immunity and anti-aging. The body finds solutions to situations when it is relaxed and at ease, and when all of its systems are up and running, and working together. So basically, we all could use some unwinding and clearing of stress, and most importantly, to reset our nervous system and glands so that we can be relaxed and at ease. As this is how the body and cells do their best at regenerating wellness.
Cost of treatment $ 30.00 for 30 minutes (longer treatments are available at an additional charge)
**Offered by Sonja Jewell, contact her directly to make an appointment at 218-365-2288 Sonja has an offices in Ely and Hermantown. www.elywellness.com
24 Hour Cancellation Policy